Researching companies for a print project can be challenging; assessing risks, quality, trustworthiness and price are all aspects to consider before selecting the perfect print partner. Since we have been a leader in the plastic card printing industry for over 40 years, we are here to help! We came up with 7 questions to ask to ensure you're finding the proper print partner for your projects.
How long has the company been around?
- 5, 10, or 40 years? If a company has been around for 20+ years; chances are they have been satisfying customers and keeping up with best practices long enough to stay active in the industry.
Do they have positive reviews from previous customers?
- Look on Facebook, Yelp or Google; these sites have reviews that cannot be edited by the companies so you know they will be honest. They also have the option for companies to respond to a discrepancy.
Is the company asking you how your cards will be used to ensure that you are maximizing on card build vs. value?
- There are many different manufacturing processes when it comes to creating plastic cards; make sure you're getting the quality you want by discussing the options with an account representative.
- How responsive are they?
- Do they take an hour or two to respond, or a few days? Chances are if they're taking too long to respond in the beginning, it won’t get better as the relationship continues.
- Are their representatives knowledgeable?
- Do they understand exactly what you need and give you feedback about what has or hasn't worked in the past to make your order as successful as possible?
- Does their website have accessible content that addresses similar businesses to yours?
- Do they have an updated website that shows their products and services? Do they have a gallery or testimonials to prove they have done previous high quality work? Are they thorough in explaining what industries they work with and what projects they can complete?
- Can they provide samples of their product that similarly represents your needs?
- Are they willing to send you samples so you can see the differences in quality? Getting samples is important so you can mimic the everyday wear and tear a card can go through. Try bending, scratching or putting the samples through the wash so you can see exactly how the card will react, then you can choose the quality card you need for your project.
We know that finding a trustworthy print partner can be a very cumbersome process, but it doesn’t have to be if you know what you’re looking for. We hope you find these questions useful on your search to finding the best print partner for your business.
This information was taken out of our free Plastic Card Solutions: A Guide to Quality eBook. For even more in-depth information on the quality of plastic cards based on manufacturing techniques, or finding the perfect print provider; download out free eBook today! Where we take into consideration quality, price, risk assessment and trustworthiness.