65% of gift card recipients spend an average of 38% more than the value of their gift card. This makes gift cards the perfect addition to your customer service team, and business in general.
Gift cards increase sales and traffic to your business. Providing gift cards to your customer service team or strategy can be a very effective tool to help you reach your goals. Let’s touch on a few opportunities.
Ways Gift Cards Support Customer Service
- Settle disputes – It’s easier to keep a current customer than it is to find a new one. If a customer is upset about the quality of a product or service, offering a gift card can provide a resolution to the situation, making it a win-win. The customer will be happy with the money back and it guarantees they will continue to do business with you.
- New customer welcome – Start your relationship off on the right foot by offering a gift card that can used on their first purchase.
- Customer rewards – Use your gift cards as purchase incentives. Give a gift card to a customer when they make a large purchase or when they buy a unique item.
- Loyalty incentive – If you have long-lasting customers, recognize their loyalty with a gift card. They will feel valued and you will continue to have their business, another win-win!
- Membership program perks – Give them a gift card if they sign-up for the program, reach a certain program level, recognize a membership anniversary, or provide a gift card on their birthday. If you already have a membership program in place, gift cards make a perfect reward.
- Giveaway/Drawing – Use gift cards to draw in traffic at an event like an open house, grand opening or trade show. Offer a prize drawing or play a game with chances to win different prizes/amounts. If people come to your shop looking for donations for an event, give them a gift card to spread your brand.
Gift cards are a great way to recognize a customer, apologize for a mistake, or encourage interaction. Your business can start making revenue in a new way by offering gift cards. They are inexpensive and have a long-lasting return on investment. Try adding gift cards to your customer service tool kit- you might be surprised by the response!
P.S. You can also use gift cards internally. Give them to your staff as incentives for reaching certain goals, or give them out prizes to outstanding team members.
Ready to create beautiful gift cards to match your brand? Request a quote to get started!
Still curious about gift card programs? Check out our FREE Gift Card Guide: